THE BEST OLD TOWN HAS TO OFFER! ''Cottage Colony School House'' built in 1917 for a Mr. Clyde Davis. In 1918 Miss May Chapman purchased the house to open the Cottage Colony School, patterned after the Lincoln School in NYC, which was the practice school for Columbia University Teachers College. It stayed in the Chapman family until 1993 when the current owners purchased it. This 5 bedroom, 5 Bath cottage was so historically important to the history of Pinehurst that in 2016 was one of the first 5 houses the Village Heritage Foundation gave an award and plaque to honor it. Current owners wanted to keep the history but have beautifully restored it with every attention to detail. They removed the aluminum siding, the original heart pine underneath was restored and installed all new windows
- Area 6A - Pinehurst
- Community Type Single Family
- County Moore
- Subdivision Old Town
- Year Built 1917
- Zoning R10
- Appliances Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Microwave, Range, Refrigerator, Washer
- Carport None
- Exterior Wood
- Exterior Features Fencing, Front Porch, Garage Door Opener, Insulated Windows, Irrigation System, Natural Gas Avail., Patio
- Fireplace Two
- Floors Carpet,Slate,Wood
- Foundation Basement, Crawl Space
- Heating Cooling Central Air, Heat Pump, Natural Gas
- Interior Features Broadband Internet Avail, Ceiling Fans, Elec. Air Filter, Fireplace, Security System, Smoke Alarm, Split Bedroom Plan, Water Purifier, Wet Bar, Window Treatments
- Garage Type 1 Detached Garage
- Levels Two Story
- Water Heater Gas
- Dining Room Room Level M
- Dining Room Room Size 15'6'' x 15'6''
- Kitchen Room Level M
- Kitchen Room Size 14'6'' x 14'6''
- Master Bedroom Room Level M
- Master Bedroom Room Size 15'6'' x 15'6''
- Bedroom 2 Room Level U
- Bedroom 2 Room Size 15'6'' x 10'6''
- Bedroom 3 Room Level U
- Bedroom 3 Room Size 15'6'' x 10'6''
- Bedroom 4 Room Level U
- Bedroom 4 Room Size 15'6'' x 10'6''
- Bedroom 5 Room Level U
- Bedroom 5 Room Size 15'6'' x 10'6''
- Driveway Type Gravel
- Land Description Corner Lot
- Road Description Public Paved
- Sewer Public
- Water Public
- Primary Elem School Pinehurst
- Middle School West Pine
- High School Pinecrest
Linda MaullBroker Associate
RE/MAX PRIME PROPERTIESDirect: 910-315-5516
28374 (Pinehurst) Demographics
Market Last 30 Days
Average Days on Market
Properties for Sale
|--||New Value: $949,500|
|10/19/2018 12:22:00 PM||New Value: $985,000|